Tuesday, February 25, 2014

{cove fort}

There have been so many times in the past that I have tried to get down to St. George when we have been visiting in Utah.  Always something happens to get in the way...mostly really sick children who cannot travel!
  I was determined to make it this time!
  We flew in on Monday night.  The kids were so excited that Uncle Ben picked us up!  I think we got to Gramme and Poppy's right at about midnight.  The kids were really great, but it was a very taxing and long trip late at night. We were all exhausted, but we got up the next day and headed for St. George!
  On the way there I wanted to stop at Cove Fort.
  I had always wanted to stop and find out more about it.  I only knew that it involved President Hinckley somehow.  I was so glad we stopped.  It was a really neat fort built by President Hinckley's grandfather...I think:).  There was a calling to go and settle this area and make a fort to provide shelter and protection for the saints.
We had another pit stop in Fillmore to play at their cool park and eat lunch.  I always loved stopping here as a kid and running up and down their long grassy hills!  It was such a beautiful day and I was in awe to see green and blue sky and feel a warm sun!!!  Hooray for spring in Utah!!
  We also stopped for ice cream at the same spot in Beaver I stopped when I was a kid on the road with my family...Gramme and Poppy!  It was so fun and sooo yummy!








No comments:

Post a Comment