Friday, August 22, 2014

{tragedy...eliza cut her own hair}

Yes, the day has finally come that one of my children took it upon themselves to cut their own hair... and the winner is Eliza!!!

I was in the library with Henry going over some school papers and Eliza was cutting with scissors at the table.  Eliza has been using scissors for a long while now and they are at her reach in our craft and art closet.  I gave her the scissors to do a free-lance cutting project...
well she decided to cut a chunk of hair off one side in the front and then the other.  I did not even notice until she said "Mom, I don't want to grow out my bangs anymore, I changed my mind."  I turned to look at her and that is when I noticed the chunk missing and then the hair on the floor and then the other chunk missing from the other side.  I was so shocked that I did not yell, but gasped dramatically and of course kept asking what she had done and why and on and on.
  She cried. 
 I calmed down.
Then we had a serious talk...
and we hugged it out!

Luckily I was able to get a haircut appointment for her the very next day.
I have some really good photos that show the damage better, but they are on the cell phone...hopefully I can add them later.










No comments:

Post a Comment