Sunday, December 1, 2013

{christmas cookies}

I have to thank Chris for this Christmas tradition.
I am not a baker.
I will probably never be a baker.

I am in charge of the menu planning and grocery shopping and cooking and everything else that goes with that, but Chris is usually the one who makes something for the neighbors or to have at home.  He is the one who made homemade hot fudge to give out to our neighbors for Christmas (I made them look cute).
 I do bake cupcakes.
That is usually what I make if I have to bring anything for Relief Society or Primary.
I make a killer butter cream frosting thanks to my mom and sister.
  But I never ever make cookies with my kids or anything else.
  Chris is the one who on Sunday will ask Henry if he wants to make cookies with him.  I don't even think about it...or want to do it.  Maybe I will try to do this with them next year?
  I have no problem eating up the results though:).

Chris slaved in the kitchen for hours making gluten free and regular sugar cookies.  The rest of us helped with frosting them.  The kids had so much fun.
  Eliza wanted to put as much frosting on one cookie as she possibly could. 
 I don't love the mess and time, but I am so glad Chris insists on this tradition!  It is so fun to do as a family every year!























1 comment:

  1. I don't love the mess of sugar cookies, either, but boy do I love baking them! I just wish I were good at frosting cute cookies. I love all of the pictures of your kids, and your home! Someday I'm going to pay you to fly to my home (if we ever buy one...) and help me decorate! I love your style. And I LOVE the wall-to-wall bookcases in your (living room? family room?) But anyhow, I love you and your kids more. And my blog, since you said you lost it, is helmalinashouse dot blogspot dot com. ;-) Hope you're having a great new year, so far! Loved your Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete