Tuesday, December 31, 2013

{sticky notes...part 2}

May 20, 2011
  Eliza, 10 months old
 Stands for a few seconds.  She took her first steps (three).  She claps her hands on cue and crosses her pointer and tall finger all the time.  She also crosses her ankles all the time in the car seat and when sitting.  She is making lots of sounds and copying sounds like Dada.  She shakes her head back and forth.  She danced in her crib after I showed her...so funny!  She loves her pink binky!  She sleeps on her tummy now....end of 10 months...  She is not crawling yet.  She  She is cruising around furniture in rooms.  She only wants to stand!  She loves finger plays and waves hi and bye.


Henry, 3 years old
Henry's vocabulary and choice of words cracks us up all the time.  He tells us he is "just miserable" or that he did not get the "opportunity"...for something.  He tells us Eliza is "hysterical".  One day he told me photosynthesis is a spanish word....good to know:)

In the car
Henry:  Mom, are bikes electric?

At the table
Our conversation today was Henry asking questions...:)
He was asking about trains and how they run on steam, how it works, can steam help turn corners, are planes electric?  Do they use gas?  They need a propeller, etc.  He is only three years old and I have a feeling that the time will come when I will not be able to answer his questions.  He also told me, "Let's go to the dentist and see how my teeth are doing?"


Eliza, one year old
She says "bear"...her favorite word is "uh-oh".  She said "baby" yesterday and then again today.  She still loves to cross her feet.  Her favorite book is Pat's Bunny.  She goes to find it and then brings it to me to read.  She loves to share her snacks.  After naps she likes to cuddle with her pig and binky for a few seconds and then is down and off.


July 17, 2011
Eliza, one years old
Eliza folded her arms during dinner for the first time and said "pray"..."pay".


Henry, three years old
In the car
Which one is bigger?  A hill or a mountain?
Do helicopters go on the runway or just lift off?

"I saw that Eliza made a mess and I thought... hmmm...
I will clean up the mess and make it just like mom likes it.
  That's what I thought."
(he cleaned up all the books E. took off the shelves)


Eliza, 15 months
Her words:
bird, down, oink-oink, baa baa, moo moo, Mama, Dada, see, stuck, ball, yucky, eat, please, thank you, up, bye bye, milk, dog, snack, ow, car, bubble, banana, cheese, more, amen, hi, hello, duck, baby, oops, pray, uh-oh, all done, hot, binky (beebee), pig, light, book, yes, no, Jesus, nose, night night.


Henry's prayer:
Heavenly Father we thank thee for... 1.  The commandments.  2. Nephi.  ...and  3.  The golden plates...
 and then he closed. 


Henry:  Birds can't go potty because they don't have bodies, they just have flying wings.


Another of Henry's prayers...at the table.
Heavenly Father thank Thee for the food, ask Thee to bless it, please bless Mama and Daddy (then he blessed the food again), say these things in the name...and then ended.
So sweet!



Henry, two years old
"I have to do something first..." or
"I'm doing something"

"We don't vacuum on Sunday"

Henry:  What's your name?
Me:  Memorie
Henry:  It's Mem
Me:  Some people call me Mem.
Henry:  Gramme calls you Mem.

"I've got to talk to you about something"
(bedtime)

While snuggling in bed together..
Henry turns to me and says "I like being with you."

I was telling Henry "let's fly!" at Costco...meaning we were in a hurry.  
Henry responded " Human beings can't fly."

After the park he was not listening and I said we might need to take some toys away and about two minutes later he said, "Mom, it's nice to share."

We saw some weird motorcycle thing and Henry asked what is was.  I told him I did not know.  He thinks for a minute and then says, "It has two wheels in back...it must be a tricycle."

"Please bless Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and our Lord."
(that was Henry's meal prayer)

Henry drew on our window with his finger "Nephi and his boat."

Henry:  I have a testimony.
Me:  Of what?
Henry:  Uchtdorf

He built a wonderful something out of legos.  I asked him what he built and it was a temple.

Henry is really great at contractions and seems to always say them correctly.  He says:
I am
I am not
I do
 I didn't
I won't
He does
She won't
It is
It's not
I weren't
I'm a boy!

He also quotes words out of books like "Jamberry" and "Twas the Night Before Christmas".

I am not sure of the situation involving this sticky note...maybe Chris was making me breakfast and I was sleeping in?
"I thought you wanted pancakes?  I don't know what's wrong with you?  Wake up!  Open your eyes!  It's 7:40, it's 40 time to get up!  The sun is up!"

I was laying down on the couch...so tired (pregnant with Eliza).  Henry asked me if I needed a blessing and right away he said I will give you a blessing!  Then he put his hands on my head and said the meal prayer...he asked me, Do you feel better?  Do you need three blessings?

While we were reading the scriptures at night he said it was his turn to read.  He sat down and opened them up and pretended to read.  He then said, "The disciples were amazed."

"I already had a grilled cheese sandwich"

While putting Lightning McQueen inside Mack the Truck he said, "The baby is in the Daddy's belly."
I guess he knows I am pregnant?

Henry and his questions:
What his name is?
What else is in there?
What's in the box?
What do you see?
Where is the___?
What does he do?
Do you have that song?
(Boomby Boomby Whatgar)

Funny things this little boy (2) is saying:
I drink all types of juice.
I want "plain" oatmeal.
He is always saying some form of "all kinds", "all types".
I'm good
I have a serious question.

Henry taps his fingers when he is waiting or just thinking or hanging out...kind of like an adult.

January 5, 2010
Henry said his first unprompted "I love you" to Chris.
He said, "I love you so much!"

"Mom, What's your schedule today?"
"How you do it?"

Henry was looking at a book and asked himself a question that I could not hear.  He then said "hmm...probably...maybe?"

We were at the grocery store and he could not push it in.  He said "Daddy can do it, Daddy will do it."
(Chris was not even there...they learn so young:))

"Mom, you're a good cutter."
(eating a PB and J sandwich)

Me:  What do you want to talk about?
Henry:  The gospel.

"Mom, I married you.  I married you in the temple.  Did you know I married you in the temple?"

"How you say that?"
(he was asking for the pronunciation of a word)

He loves any kind of water and cooking.  He loves to clean his doctor tools in the sink.  He cooks his play food on our stove and even tried to turn it on.  He put his snack (fishes and cashews) in the microwave and was trying to turn it on.  He loves chairs, stools, tupperware, and climbing!

Me:  What do you want to eat for dinner?
Henry:  Fries and spinach.









No comments:

Post a Comment