Tuesday, December 31, 2013

{sticky notes}

I am famous for my sticky notes all over the house...
sometimes they are just little pieces of paper in all colors and sizes.

On these papers I write what cute or funny things my kids say.  I also jot down, while I am thinking about it, any developmental milestone.

 They are not organized and sometimes I forget to write down the date or even which child it is.  Now that Eliza is getting older it is harder to tell who is who.

This system is obviously not working...at all.
I am trying to change.
 I tried to change last year and it did not stick:)

This next year I have a little notebook and it is the only thing I am going to use to write in.  Everything will be in the same place and once a month I can enter in all that I have written down.
 I hope this works!

I have gathered from all over the little sticky notes and scraps of paper...some are very old and date back a couple of years.  There are some that I do not understand.  They will all be recorded right now!



Henry:  Next January will Poppy be 71 years old?  Let's fly to Utah and visit him for his birthday.
(what 5 year old knows these things?...so cute!)


Eliza?:  What is your head?  Is it round?  Is it oval?  It's oval.


Eliza (age 3):  mmm...that was sure a tasty dinner.


Eliza (age 3):  She says snunk instead of skunk.  She says magic oranges instead of mandarin oranges.  In the car out of the blue she said "Heavenly Father came visit Mary and told her not to be sad Jesus died."


Henry (age 6):  I don't miss you because I can picture you in my head.  (I asked him if he missed me during Kindergarten)


Eliza (age 3):  Oh baby sister you are so sweet I can hardly stand it! (talking to her baby doll).  Come on baby, let's go for a ride...make sure there are no bears or curves.


I asked Eliza (age 2) to tell me a story..."Once upon a time there was a girl.  She had a name...drive/was in truck really really fast."


Eliza (age 2):  She told us that her pig that she sleeps with was named "Pig Dea".  Henry then asked if her big pig had a name.  She said it was "Big Pig Dea".  We laughed really hard!


November 20, 2012.  Henry, five years old.  "Mom, can I tell you something?  When we go visiting teaching I feel warmness in my heart".  I have no words...


October 2012, Henry age 5:  He designed a sunlight keeper and an eye checker.  He told me all about his inventions and how they were constructed and how they would work.


Henry (age 5):  Mom I'm trying to think of a word...it's like carbon dioxide but that's not it.  It's a longer word.  It was in my life cycle book.  (The word was photosynthesis).


Eliza (age 3):  Henry has a peanut butter.  I don't have a peanut butter.  Big girls don't have peanut butters.  Big mamas don't have peanut butters.


Eliza:  Santa gave me these necklaces (he didn't).  He gave me candy too.  Santa is super nice!


February 2012, Henry (age 5):  I was cooking and Henry asked me...What are those mom?  I answered "poppy seeds".  Is that because they're old?  (We call my dad Poppy).


 "Mom, I just want you to know you are pretty slow doing it, but you are doing a good job!"
We were trying to memorize the Living Christ.  Henry memorized the whole thing and I never did.


February 2012, Henry age 5:  Henry was having lunch at our house with one of his friends.  They were having a pretty deep conversation.  They started talking about stars and how there are too many to count.  Henry told him "God's work never stops.  Bad guys try to stop God's work but he won't let it happen."


January 29, 2012.  Henry:  I love Gramme as much as Jesus loves us!


Eliza:  You guys can just chat while I get dressed.


April 2012, Henry (age 4):  Mom, should we get alumawallet? 
Me:  what?
Henry:  Should we get the alumawallet?
Me:  I don't know what you are saying?
Henry:  It's the wallet that carries your credit card, cash, and more!
I finally knew what he was talking about when I saw the commercial later on PBS...:)


Henry, age 4:  Mom your head looks like a planet, your hair goes around and around your head.


Eliza, 15 months:  She knows nose and teeth and eye really well.  She now has fits when she is being held or in a cart or redirected.  She is a free spirit and wants to be down and moving at all times.  She says no and is quite excited about it!  She is starting to repeat many things and can label items like cheese, milk, pea, cracker, baby, ball, etc.  Her favorite words are mama, no, baby, bye bye, hi, and thank you.


Henry, age 4:  Henry is always making us laugh, especially with sentences starting with "Unfortunately... or "In fact...


Henry (age 4?) recently was put to bed by a babysitter for the first time instead of us.  Kids always have excuses of why they need to get out of bed, but of course his were not the usual... need a drink or go to the bathroom.  His first excuse when he got out the first time was that there was a hole in his sheet.  The second time he got out it was that he and doggie (his dog he slept with) needed to fix the pipes in the ceiling...something about cracks.


Eliza, age 8 months:  plays peek-a-boo at diaper station.  She says mama and is babbling a lot.  She holds onto the crib and can stand...she loves to stand.  She sits well and rolls onto her back often.  She loves cars and trains.


Henry, age 3:  In a prayer he said "hopefully we can make good choices and hopefully be righteous".


July 6, 2011.  Eliza, age 1:  Eliza is one year old!  I can't believe it!  She is walking all over the place.  She loves to play chase with mom and dad and laughs and laughs!  She can now clap her hands while walking and thinks she is pretty neat.  She says "maaaa" for mom and "da" for dad.  She says "up" and will sometimes repeat other words.  She can say "yay" and clap her hands.  She has said "done" and signed "all done" after eating.  She mostly eats baby food still but is starting to drink cows milk, eat wheat bread, and today she ate up fresh blueberries.  She loves cheerios the best!  She loves carrying books, getting books off shelves and pointing to pictures in books and turning pages.  She loves "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star".  


July 15, 2011.  Eliza pointed to her pig she sleeps with and said "pi".  She also said "eye" a couple of days ago.  She said "out" to get out of her high chair.  Today sh said peek-a-boo twice (once in a book).  She "sees" "bears" everywhere in her books...a lot of times they are dogs.


Eliza first smiled at 2 months old.


January 18, Eliza is 6 months old.  She loves to grab her toes.  She sits pretty well and tries to say mama.  She definitely found her tongue.  She rolled from her back to her side, and once from her back to her tummy.  She laughs when her hands are washed.  Her duct in her eye cleared up...hooray!  She loves pears...first time!  She rolled from her tummy to her back the first time during Christmas week.


Eliza, no idea how old...but really little...maybe eighteen months?
  Phrases she is saying.
I don't go home.
I'm so hot
Can I have some?
Milk please?
Guess what mommy?
Why, mommy, why?
yes or mhmmn with head nod
baby in the crib

She also told me one night she needed covers.
  I said no you don't.
 She touched her feet and said..I'm cold.
We have another one great at supporting evidence and arguing.


Henry, age 4:  Henry asked me if we could make a list of what he wanted for Christmas so he could give it to Santa.  His list included a cool train set, a fire station, a fire truck with a platform and bucket, policeman, a fireman, , my own plastic cup.

In the car he said out of nowhere...Mom, next winter I want to go to a sports competition.  Um..okay...not sure where he learned that from.


"I'm being God's servant"--while getting Eliza's sippy cup.


November 2011, Henry age 4:  Mom, did you know I know the gospel is true?  Eliza, did you know I know the gospel is true?  I am going to tell Eliza the four books of scripture.


July 2011.  Henry, age 3:  Why don't we have Christmas anymore?


July 29, 2011.  Eliza is all about cupboards.  She has finally discovered its neat to open them and sometimes you can get something out.  Eliza has said "light" a couple of times.  She has said "drink", "brother", and "more".  She crawled/walked up 2 steps on our stairs...first time ever!  We need a gate.


Somebody said "Dad I'm eating grease!" (grits)
That same somebody...I think Henry called chopsticks "porksticks".


Henry, age 3:  Remember when Eliza drank out of a straw at Red Crabs? (Red Lobster)


One morning Henry opened up our blinds upstairs and said "I threw up the sash!"


Henry, age 3:  Well, unfortunately I don't like cheerios.  He also says "For Pete's sake" and everything is "too fun" or "too___".


Eliza, 10 months old:  She is crawling!  She is also walking around walls all around the house.  Eliza is getting into sitting by herself.  She loves to stick out her tongue all the time.


Henry, age 3:  It is 11:46, we got to pray.  (Yes, he read the time on the clock).
This vent is a nifty device (then explains to me why).
He likes to start sentences with "Perhaps...?"
He loves books about electricity right now.


Henry, just turned 4 years old:  "Mom, I kind of been relaxin' and playin' with my shorts not on."
He prayed last night that Eliza and himself would grow up quickly.  He also said "Thank Thee that Eliza crawled up the stairs and I saved her."


Eliza, 9 months old:  She is starting to cruise at the church on back of pew.  You can see her first tooth.  Her tongue is out all the time.  She is finally eating cheerios with no throwing up.  She hands a binkie or a toy to me.  Her 2nd tooth popped out.  She loves to sing and clap, but not by herself.  She waves hi!


Get ready for Sticky Notes Part 2!




















No comments:

Post a Comment