Monday, December 22, 2014

{induction, home again, and no baby yet}

Oh my goodness gracious.
Because of what happened with Eliza's birth, there was a hesitation for me to go into labor on my own at home.  They wanted to make sure I was at the hospital so I could be monitored more closely and would be right there if there were any problems similar to what happened with Eliza (placenta abruption).
The thing that no one counted on was that this birth might just be like the one I had with Henry....
SLOW and HARD with NO PROGRESSION!
On this day, December 22nd, we woke up really early (like 4:00) and made our way to the hospital for an induction.  They hooked me up to Pitocin and then....lots of waiting!  I was so glad that my mom was already at home with the kids and that for sure put my mind at ease.  I was feeling really miserable because I was sick and getting more sick as the day went.  I ended up having the worse sinus infection, chest infection and had to go on antibiotics and prednisone.  I was huge big pregnant and just wanted the baby out, but I really did not want to miss Christmas with Henry and Eliza.  I just wanted to get the baby out and get home so I could be with them and celebrate the best I could.  I also had all the relief society stuff on my mind and stress does not begin to describe...
Well, story short I sat and laid down all day and they pumped me full of Pitocin (20), but I just did not dilate or start contractions or labor.
They sent me home.
I was so sad and mad and sick and....
SAD!
It is not good to leave a hospital after you have been there ALL day without a baby!
It of course ended up being the very best thing and a great blessing from the Lord.  I was able to have time to feel better and get on drugs to help and I was able to rest and also celebrate Christmas Eve and Christmas day with my sweet kids.  I really wanted them to have a wonderful and magical Christmas and not have them remember that Jane ruined it:).
Christmas was so nice and then I was scheduled to go back to the hospital Saturday, December 27th, 2014.



No comments:

Post a Comment