Wednesday, December 31, 2014

{quotes from the kids}

Quotes from the kids...
They say so many smart and adorable things ALL the time, but I rarely write them down.
Here are a few I have!
I wish I had more from Henry, but his quotes are often very technical and complex and I just can't remember all the details and the words he uses:)

Me:  Be careful not to spill on your new shirt
Eliza:  I will try the best that I can to be careful...If I spill on my shirt trying the best that I can to be careful...will you forgive me?
*my heart melted:)

Eliza:  I just can't believe it!  I'm a reading girl!

Eliza:  Mom, I have different taste buds than you!

Henry:  Blasted build drats!!!

Henry:  It's even funnier if you own the baby.  I know that for a fact (about Jane/this should be on 2015)

Eliza:  What?!!!  I just can't get enough of that chunky little baby...
No I just can't get enough!!! (in a baby voice talking to Jane)

Eliza:  more alligator please

Someone:  Can I talk to your mom?
Eliza:  No Jose!

Eliza:  Once upon a time there was a princess and Henry put her in a box

Eliza:  Have you ever seen a pig dance on a bench? (asking mom)
She then proceeds to shake all over

Eliza:  You are the best mom!

*I found this note of all that I did in April 0f 2014
Ultrasound
Dinner to Avalon
Y.W. silent auction and dinner
clean church
Henry's music program
bookclub
General Conference
Stake Conference
New calling (RS president)
Pregnant
Dance
Primary Meetings
babysitting
doctors appointments
egg hunt
play groups
hiking
baby showers (3)
Nauvoo/temple
blood drawn (3x)
haircuts
taught Primary
Primary Stake meeting
feed missionaries
baptism
volunteering at Henry's school
dentist

Eliza:  I love you mom!
Me:  Oh Eliza you give the best hugs!
Eliza:  and Henry gives the baddest hugs!
Me:  Oh Eliza! (said in a very shocked voice)
Eliza:  Yep, that's what I said!

Eliza:  Mommy, my body is breaking down
Me:  Why is your body breaking down?
Eliza:  Because I need to drink water

Eliza:  I  know...I make myself laugh sometimes too.

(about a ladybug)
Eliza:  Oh he's so cute!  Can we keep him as a pet?  I found a creature on Henry's bed.  He is going to be nice and tame.  He is so little and so cute can I take care of him?  He eats bug food and grass.

Henry:  It's a blizzard!!! (just snow)

Henry:  (talking about a party at church)  We can trick them into church!

Eliza:  (Jan.2013)
"It's okay, It's okay"
"I'm cuddling my piggy"
"There, there"

While doing a 1st grade brain quest with Henry (Henry, Kindergarten)
The question was how many legs will you see if two kittens walk by?  He immediately said eight, but then said it depends on what position the cats are walking in...so true!
He knows most of these answers, but ALWAYS has something to add (either the exception or a deeper level of thought than they are looking for)
 *another example is...What do you use to taste?
Henry:  Your tongue and also your nose...the nose actually helps you taste, but they forgot that!

Eliza, age 3
Mom, can I go downstairs and watch a show so I don't disturb you?  I don't want to disturb you!
(she is so thoughtful:))

Eliza:  Everything we do together is sweet...right mom?
(while putting away groceries)

Eliza (age 4):  Did you give me a baby doll so I could see how adorable babies are?

Eliza kept calling my sweater a robe.  I finally convinced her that it was a sweater and then she said she was going to nickname it "robe".

Eliza:  I fireworked it!

Eliza named her baby Jr. Eliza:)

I was talking to myself about how I didn't get it (my phone),
Eliza:  Mom, I think your brain is not activated!

At meal time the kids were pretending to be Cheetahs and their oatmeal was mashed gazelles!

Eliza (age 4):  What are you doing?  Why are you carving that pickle? (I was peeling a huge cucumber)

Eliza (age 4):  Look mom mangoes! (picture of flamingos)

Eliza (age 3):  I just love to hug you so tight because I love you! (waking up in the morning)

Eliza:  At least I caught my toast! -said while crying
(walking to the table with toast on  plate and did not see dishwasher was open and banged into it)

Eliza (age 3):  thank you mom for helping me buckle my car seat that was really nice of you

Henry (age 6):  Mom does your van have an internal combustion engine?
Me:  Henry I have no idea
Henry:  Well, do you know if your engine uses alternative fuel?
Me:  no, it uses gas
Henry:  Okay, then that means you have an internal combustion engine because they do not use alternate fuel.

Eliza (age 3):  Mom, when I walk my bone feet move, right?

Eliza (age 3):  I asked Eliza what animals she liked very best while she was playing in the tub and she said:  Not tigers!...because they are scary!  Zebras, giraffes, and especially um zebras!

Eliza,3, loves to say incredible, it is one of her favorite responses (taught by Henry)
That's incredible!

Henry, age 6
We invited the missionaries over for dinner.  We had a little lesson by them, and then we talked about preparing families to hear the lessons...I talked about taking the next step and giving out a Book of Mormon to our neighbors and how nervous I was.  We had a really great conversation that was very spiritual.  Henry was very intent the whole time.  When they left he told me how much he loved when the missionaries came and how good he felt.  After getting ready for bed he came out of his room and told me that he prayed our neighbor Mindy and her family would read the Book of Mormon.  The next morning he was so excited about it and he woke up early and left a letter addressed to me and Chris.  He explained all about the plan of salvation.  So sweet!!!

Eliza (age 3) and I were playing zingo.  I was the only one cleaning up and I told her she could not play if she did not help like the little red hen.  Her answer was that she would be the black sparkly pink hen!

I could not find Eliza, age 3, at bedtime
Me:  Where are you?
Eliza:  In here (she was sitting in her closet getting her jammies on)
Me:  What are you doing?
Eliza:  This is my dressing room.  My special dressing room to get my pants on.

Eliza, age 4
"Man, sometimes I scare my own wax out of me!"




No comments:

Post a Comment