Saturday, December 27, 2014

{a christmas baby}

Well, December 27th we woke up really early and made our second trip to the hospital to have our sweet baby girl.  I got started on Pitocin and the waiting began.  It ended up being a long day, it took awhile for the Pitocin to kick in and the contractions to start up.  Unfortunately they still did not help me progress like I needed to.  The contractions did start to get more and more painful and I finally decided to get a very light epidural.  The contractions continued, I could still feel them, but I was not dilating or effacing or softening or anything that I should be doing.  Our baby girl also started to get distressed when I had contractions and they turned up the Pitocin, and she did not settle back down very easily.  They tried to put me in lots of different crazy positions and put me on oxygen and lowered the Pitocin.  She was still in distress during my contractions and it became apparent that something was wrong.  The doctor came in and said he was really worried and thought that maybe the cord was wrapped around the baby.  It was decided that I needed an emergency c-section.  This was all very overwhelming and I was so tired by then.  Everything felt so fuzzy.  It was a very good thing I had a c-section because the cord was wrapped all around her neck and body.







No comments:

Post a Comment